Langsung ke konten utama

Finding a Job

Hello, It has been a long time since my last post in English. In this post, I am going to tell you about my experience of finding a job.

The Story Starts

For your information, I finally got my study done on July 23 (my graduation was on Sept 25). I started to find jobs on August. My very first application was to Novotel Ngurah Rai Airport. It seemed like my dream job, a hotel in the middle of airport. I love hotel and airport, together they seemed perfect. I sent my cover letter, CV, current pictures (close up and full body) to the email that the company had attached on the advertisement. I also sent my application to Lion Air (to be PR). Unfortunately both of them did not even call me. I just noticed later that Novotel Ngurah opened walk in interview on August. Perhaps they were not my fate, then I let them go. 

On August 28, I went to job fair and put my application on Sinarmas Bank and Bukopin Bank. Only Bukopin called me and offered me to be Account Officer. I went to the psychology test and I made it. I didn't very sure about the job. A week later after the first test, Bukopin called me again but I decided to let it go (I didn't come to the interview). I told you, I didn't sure to be Account Officer. I can not do marketing. It doesn't mean I do not appreciate the opportunity. I am afraid I could never able to get through the target if I take the job.

Next was Air Asia. I really wanted this job so bad. I came to walk in interview Air Asia on Sept 5. There were many people on the office. It was around 135 people. We entered the room to have interview with the HRD. I entered with 7 other people, (I was there at 9 AM and they called me at 1 PM). I nailed the interview and the next day they asked me to come to have TOEIC test.
I came to TOEIC test with 25 other people. So happy to be on top 26 and 'killed' other 109 people. It felt quite good.

They told me that they would call after a month. Unfortunately, I did not get call. So I think I didn't make it. I really wanted to be part of Air Asia GSA team but I realized that I can not always get what I want.

Another Job Fair

I came to another job fair and put my application on Bali Safari and Marine Park as GSO. Bali Safari called me to have psychology test and interview. I nailed it, a week after my test I was told that I got the job but the salary do not fit with my expectation. So left the opportunity. Bali Safari is in Gianyar and with that amount of money, I am not sure I survive every single day from Denpasar (I think).

Friend Offered Me a Job

My friend called me and asked me to try being 'dispatcher' in her office. I said ok and sent my application to her.
The company called me and we had interview test, I told you I nailed every interview that I have done (hahahaha, I am kidding). They offered me one year contract and I signed it. But I had a bad feeling when I signed the contract. That feeling led me to ask them what if I didn't able to do one year contract. The HRD said that is fine. After I signed the contract, I made a new bank account (BCA, because I only have BNI and Mandiri) and also I made a personal tax card (NPWP) for its administration.

I joined the training and everything looked right (nothing wrong until the superviser or manager said that the dispatchers have to stand up for 7 hours (no seat available) - can you imagine? But I decided to try it first). Another something weird happened when I took my uniform. The HRD said that she would give me one uniform first because some officer went away after a few days and did not come back. The HRD said that she would give me another uniform after a week of work. After receiving uniform and ID card, I went to photo studio because my ID needed a picture of me wearing my uniform.

The First Day of Work

The company placed me in Grand Nikko Hotel in Nusa Dua. I came to the hotel at 11 (my shift was from 11 AM until 7 PM). I was a little bit shock with the environment. The other employees were only high school and we had to stand for 7 hours (one hour break for having meal). The job was to offer tourist cars including open the car door and bring the tourist luggage to the car. Our job also called cabs for tourists who needed one. I really disappointed with the job that I took since my friend who told me the job said that being dispatcher was cool. She said 'you only have to sit and wait for the guests'. Yes, it was also my mistake that did not do more research about the job description. 

My first day done and I called my parents, sisters and my close friends for asking their opinions. They said I deserved better, even my family asked me to resign right on that moment.
On next day I went to the office and brought my resignation letter. It was hard to say it, I was standing in front of HRD for almost 15 minutes. But I encouraged myself and I finally did. I gave them the uniform and my ID card. I told them I sorry and I really appreciated the opportunity and the trust on me. I could not do it anymore or any longer. So I left the company on the second day of work. 
Funny? But that is life you have no idea what would happen to you. I worked on Oct 16 and resigned on Oct 17. Since then, I have not talked to my friend that offered me that about it.
Anyway, I worked in Blue Bird as dispatcher. Now I wonder what to do with my new bank account and my personal tax card.

Finding a New Job!

After having a 'bad' experience on my previous job. I decided to find a 'clear' job. So I decided to send my application to PDAM Giri Memang, one of regional-owned enterprises (BUMD) in Lombok. The company needs an International Relations or Communication Studies students to fulfill Public Relations position. My sister told me about this recruitment. Well this recruitment was open from Oct 5 - Oct 18. I sent my application on the website on Oct 17, right after I resigned from Blue Bird. I did not hope to get through the administration test. Because PDAM Giri Menang wanted a minimum B accreditation for every major that the company need (I also applied in Kantor Post. I did not pass the administration test because my accreditation). Since I felt I did not qualify for the job I decided to apply on another company. The result on administration test would be announced on Wed (Oct 21).
On Monday, October 19, 2015 my friend and I went to Mandiri Bank in the morning. The recruitment is eco-friendly. We only had to fill the form from the laptop that the company had provided in their office - no paper needed.
In the afternoon Mandiri Bank called me and asked me to have an interview on the next day (Tuesday, Oct 20). Mandiri Bank is one of state-owned enterprises (BUMN) in Indonesia.

On the Interview

I arrived to Mandiri Bank and waited to be called. Before the interview got started, we were briefed by the HRD about everything that we needed to know about the recruitment process.
My turned. The HRD called me and I had one vs one interview with the HRD. The interview was fun. He asked me about everything and he asked me to join the ODP (such an MT) but I answered 'I don't know'. Frankly I did not have idea what ODP was until I googled it after the interview. I missed a good opportunity. Because I was a bit doubt to be placed all over Indonesia (if I join the ODP test). After a long fun interview, he said that I would have back office and frontliner test.
I called my parents and sisters about that ODP things and they said it was fine (I could take it, do not afraid of being placed all over Indonesia). So the next day (21 Oct) I came back to Mandiri Bank and willing to say I wanted to try ODP test. The security (admin recruitment) said they would text me. ODP is offered only for Udayana University students.
Forget to mention, I made the administration test. I passed and the verification would held on Oct 23. Right on that day, I went home to Lombok. I was so happy that could make it on administration test since they wanted minimum B accreditation. On Thursday when I was in Lombok, Mandiri Bank called me and aksed me to come on Friday. I told the caller that I was in Lombok. He gave me chance to come on Monday (Oct 26). Thanks God.

Verification PDAM Giri Menang

The day of verification finally arrived and I brought everything that I needed. Those documents were police note of good behavior (SKCK), verified diploma, verified transcript, health certificate, TOEFL certificate, Statement willing to be placed anywhere, ID card, CV, and form that we downloaded from the website.
Unfortunately my TOEFL was expired but glad they gave the the official stamp that I need for the test on Sunday.

After Verification

Right now, I am focusing myself on these two companies. Their recruitments take almost 3 months if I nail it in every single test. Tomorrow (Oct) 25, I am going to have my first psychology test on this region-owned enterprises (BUMD). Wish me luck. I'll catch you later. On Oct 26 I also have to go back to Mandiri Bank in Bali to have psychology test. I wish the best for me.
One thing that I want to say. Life is what happen to you when you busy making other plans. You have no idea what future brings. Keep fighting for yourself, if you do not do it, who would do?
Here I also have attached the pictures of my ID card and my test card.

This is how my test card looked like.
This ID was only a day.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Pengalaman Tes ODP BTN 2017

Bank BTN adalah salah satu dari empat BUMN dalam bidang perbankan. Bank BTN dikenal sebagai bank pelopor pembiayaan perumahan dan memang bisnisnya fokus pada KPR. Kali ini saya akan membagikan pengalaman saya mengikuti seleksi Officer Development Program (ODP) PT. Bank Tabungan Negara (Persero), Tbk tahun 2017. ODP sendiri merupakan posisi tertinggi yang dapat dilamar bagi fresh graduate . Selain Officer Development Program (ODP) ada juga General Banking Staff (GBS) , Bussiness Supporting Staff (BSS) , Secretary, Customer Service dan Teller Service .  Saya akan menggambarkan sedikit pengalaman saya dan tahapan seleksi yang sudah saya lalui dalam seleksi ODP BTN 2017. Saya berharap dengan pengalaman saya ini dapat membantu teman-teman yang sedang atau akan melakukan proses seleksi ODP Bank BTN. Pengalaman ini didasari pada proses seleksi tahun 2017, jika dikemudian hari ada perubahan harap menyesuaikan.  1. Pendaftaran dan Seleksi Administrasi Pendaftaran ODP BTN bisa

Samapta ODP BTN 45 (Bintalsik)

Chapter baru dalam hidup saya officially dimulai ketika saya menandatangani kontrak sebagai trainee Officer Development Program (ODP) Bank Tabungan Negara pada Jumat, 22 September 2017. Setelah selesai pemberkasan dan tanda tangan kontrak, kami diantar menuju LPPI sebelum besoknya harus melakukan samapta / bintalsik (bina mental dan fisik) yang rencananya dilakukan di Ringdam Bogor. Dikarenakan Ringdam sedang ada kegiatan, kegiatan samapta dipindahkan ke Brigade Infanteri Para Raider 17/Kujang I Batalyon Infanteri Para Raider 305 / Tengkorak Karawang. Dari namanya saja sudah cukup seram, logonya pun tengkorak. Secara keseluruhan saya cukup menikmati kegiatan ini. Beratnya hanya kurang tidur saja dan beberapa teman  yang kurang bisa menempatkan diri sehingga mengakitbatkan teman lain ikut dihukum.  Selama pendidikan dua orang menanyakan saya kenapa tidak masuk tentara, saya jelaskan dulu pernah coba polisi tapi gagal.  Impian jadi polisi TNI kembali muncul tapi jalan orang beda-

Pura Secapa Bandung

Pura Secapa Bandung / Pura Vira Chandra Dharma I might not really a religious person but since I live in Bandung I realized that I have nothing but God to talk about everything. I did not know that there is a temple near Bandung until my friend, Erwin, accompanied me to visit the temple. Since then, I regularly visited the temple, to say thanks and to share what I have in mind with God.  Pura Secapa located in Indonesia Army area. The temple has a sure name (Pura Vira Chandra Dharma) but since it is located in Secapa (Sekolah Calon Perwira TNI AD), this temple known as Pura Secapa Bandung. This area is guarded by Indonesian army, to get here, we have to open up our helmet or car windows. The temple located near a church. If  you visit the temple in Saturday or Sunday, you will meet many people go to church.  Whenever you are, do not forget with your root. When I visited the temple with Erwin, we met a man who told us about 'how it would be living in Bandung as a Hind